Monday 4 July 2011

Independence.

Tomorrow is Independence Day and I will be taking the opportunity to be outside and NOT on the computer.

My Twitter feed has been full of life tweets. Frankly, this is because I'm disgusted with the current state of world affairs and I can't be buggered (pardon my language) to articulate my outrage.

In any case:
Happy Independence Day. Raise a toast to high treason tomorrow and thank God for the men and women currently fighting overseas.

We don't hear about everything the armed forces do for us. We don't hear about every mission or deployment. (As well we shouldn't: secrecy and security are at the forefront to some of these operations.) We should thank and ask God's blessing on these individuals who gave up their lives to their country and for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

God bless you and God bless America.

No comments: