Friday 4 June 2010

I'm Not Easy.

How many of us have taken the easy way out? We're all looking to save time, energy, and money. It's really easy, right? It's easy to tell a young girl that she's not responsible for her actions because, really, she's still just a kid, right? She made a mistake?
It's easy to throw money at a problem and make it go away. It's easy to say to people that, no, it's alright, we'll give you everything you need to survive.
It's easy to take, take, take, than ask, ask, ask.
It's easy to tout "social awareness" and "social responsibility" when what you're proposing is Id-style thinking.

Money buys everything in this society, and I'm sick of it.

I've mentioned personal responsibility before. My parents instilled in me cause and effect, and that I will eventually have to solve my own problems.

Just like the overbearing big brother associated with pretty girls, the government is -- nominally -- trying to protect us and -- actually -- seeking to control us.

The ever-present "They" is trying to take away our responsibilities so we need never do anything for ourselves. We live in a world where instant gratification is the only gratification many young people know. We live in a world where oral sex is no longer considered sex by many young people, and where 'fisting' is an appropriate and safe alternative to penetrative sex.

Pardon my language, but are you farking kidding me?

Parents no longer have any responsibility: park the kid in front of the television, or in a daycare where they'll eat snacks and play mindless games all day, then bring them home for a boxed meal, and put them in bed by eight so that mommy and daddy can stay up, have a box of wine, and complain about how hard having children is.

What ever happened to parents -- I don't know -- actually taking an interest in their children's lives? When I was little, my parents would ask me about my day, ask me about homework, help me with my spelling, help me do maths... Heck, when my dad was home, he'd read to me before I went to bed. As I got older, my parents spoke to me as a person, and now my dad and I can have actual discussions about current events.

There are public service announcements on the television imploring men to be dads. If you're going to have children, take the time to take care of them. They're your kid, but they can grow up to be your best friend.

It's easy to blame one group of people, or technology, or the 'times' or whathaveyou. It's difficult to come up with solutions to problems.

What I've seen in my limited experience, is that Liberals and Progressives are more keen at throwing money at a problem to fix it, than to get down to the root cause of the problem. As any gardner, dentist, or English major will tell you: if there's something wrong with the roots, there's something wrong with the whole. The whole is a symptom of the bigger problem.

It takes thinking. But with however-many people there are in this world (seven billion, is it?), we're not coming up with many solutions. It's money and murder we're throwing at everyone. We're throwing our lives and money away on what we need to be devoting our time, love, and work ethic.

But with a Liberal majority in the House and Senate, we're throwing money at problems. I'm repeating myself, and I feel like a broken record, but I'll reiterate: money won't solve the problem. Money is part of the problem, and we, the American people, don't have enough left over to throw at these problems, anymore.
WE are going bankrupt and the politicians are getting richer off of our taxes.

Look, it's not easy to think for yourself. I guess that's why so many people are Liberals: they don't want to put in the effort to think for themselves and come up with real-world solutions to problems (including that porous border, our reliance on foreign oil, and the fact that our Fearless Leader kow-tows to every foreign dignitary to step foot on American soil, when our citizens are looked down upon by our government because we're mere plebes compared to the suits we put in office).

We're not thinking. All we're doing is parroting the opinions of those we place above ourselves in the social hierarchy so that we can sound intelligent.

I'm sorry, even when I'm playing dumb, I know better than to put anyone above myself that I've never seen without shoes.

So please, don't be easy.

No comments: